Can't find pnpm with flox search

Hi,

I am trying to install pnpm with flox. While the package is available within the nix search, it does not appear in a flox search: NixOS Search.

How can I install it?

Thank you.

I wonder if this is not the sign of a larger issue. I have the same problem when trying to install scalafmt: NixOS Search.

Maybe the following warnings are relevant

warning: input 'etc-profiles' has an override for a non-existent input 'flox-floxpkgs'
warning: input 'flox' has an override for a non-existent input 'nixpkgs-flox'
warning: input 'etc-profiles' has an override for a non-existent input 'flox-floxpkgs'

This worked for me

flox install github:NixOS/nixpkgs#nodePackages.pnpm

Yeah that was exactly what I was going to recommend.

Right now flox search doesn’t traverse into very many sub-attributes. I believe we partially catalog python3Packages and nodePackages but since they don’t show up in search anyways I recommend just using the GitHub URI exactly as you’ve done until we can do some enhancements.

Why do I get the same issue with scalafmt which has no prefix?

That’s a good question.

Is it a relatively new package by any chance?

Good question. I don’t know how long it’s been in nix-pkgs, but one thing I just saw is

“not available on any platform”!

And for pnpm

“provides no program”

Maybe that explains why those 2 executables are not available via a regular flox search?

Great find. Yes I think that would most likely be the cause.

I bet those derivations are missing the meta fields that we check for.

Thank you for digging this up, you probably saved us a long investigation.